Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, October 10, 2008

AM I ON CANDID CAMERA?

Inquiring minds have asked how I’m coming along with my new camera. Let me just say that so far Fuji has been very good about answering my emails.

The first problem was just getting it out of the box! I am very glad that it was so well packed so nothing happened to it during shipment, but it was AFTER shipment and attempting to pry it from the tight fitting box (this was after I got past all the “air bags” and static clinging peanuts) that I feared problems would occur.

I managed to find the basic manual (the REAL manual is on a CD) and the first item on the list was how to install the carrying strap. I was hoping I could take the nice, soft one from my 35 mm and put on the Fuji Finepix S8100fd but the “connectors” wouldn’t work. So, between Dan and I we got the strap on and even managed to get the lens cap strap properly attached. I inserted the 4 “industrial strength” (that’s what it says right on the batteries) batteries and viola, I was ready to go! Or so I thought….it was then that I noticed all the symbols and letters on the mode dial…strange looking symbols. And more symbols and buttons on the back.

I won’t bore you with all the little questions that immediately popped into my head or even bother telling you about wiping off the sweat that popped out on my furrowed brow. Let me just say that the basic manual that came with it WAS JUST THAT…BASIC. It didn’t tell you enough to do anything except cause more questions and confusion.

So that meant I would need to insert the CD and read the PDF file in order to get my questions answered. It finally came up….all 164 pages of it…all in little print. Some of this manual was what was covered in the basic manual, and some of this manual covered things that I will never use the camera for (video for one thing). I had to hunt and peck my way through this manual (so far about 4 times) finding the information that I felt I would need to get comfortable with the camera. I finally ended up just printing about ½ of the manual…and there were still questions that were not answered in the manual. And I’m sure I will have more questions by the time we get home from our trip!

I have taken a few photos with it, just the point and shoot kind. I was kind of worried if the colors would be true or not because looking through the viewfinder (I prefer to use that instead of the LCD screen) the colors didn’t look the same as they did with just eyeballing it. But the colors were vibrant and I am pleased with the outcome so far.

In case I haven’t mentioned it before, any emails that are received into my email account between October 18th and November 10th will be deleted. I’m not even going to bother to try to catch up with all of them when I get home. So, please between those dates, remove me from your mailing list. The answering machine will be set up as an announcement only so no one will be able to leave any messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive