Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

I admit I don’t know much about the drug market, but that is a good thing, right? But I do have an opinion on something I would like to share with you.

I LOVE Opium perfume and it is hard to come by in “my neck of the woods”. I’ve been searching on line for the best price. I hadn’t had to purchase any in a long time because I used my little bottle of it sparingly (actually it doesn’t take much more than a “dab” of it to get the full effect of this perfume). Since I hadn’t had to purchase any in a while, I was and AM in sticker shock yet! The cheapest I have found the perfume (not the EDT version) is between $56. to $89 PER OUNCE. I can’t help but wonder what the OTHER type of opium is per ounce??!!

Another one I like is Ombre Rose, and again, it has come up in price. I should find a “designer knock off perfume” site and see if they have a fragrance that MIGHT pass. It would probably be called something along the lines of, oh, I don’t know… Ombre Rosewater??

Then there is the continuing saga of the perfect purse. I do not like being tied down to a purse. My purse is small and efficient. I don’t have much in it. The oddest thing you would find in it would be twisty ties. Ya never know when you might need a twisty tie. I like my purse. BUT with this upcoming trip, I am thinking I want to get something a little bigger something between the size of mine and the size of a diaper bag…and over the shoulder (which mine is not) so I don’t have to worry about it being ripped from my hand. I want to have something big enough to put my digital camera in (No, ES, I haven’t gotten the REAL thing yet! :-) ) I don’t want to have to carry along the camera bag too. Dan has been trying to convince me to “get that one they show on TV” He’s referring to the one that you can put two water bottles, a billfold the size of a ream of paper, a wad of keys that would put a janitor to shame, an undersized outboard motor, a box of Ho Ho’s, a small Webster’s dictionary, your DVD player, a 12 volt search light and your cell phone (which we don’t have anyway, so that is where the camera could go…but my camera is bigger than a cell phone so maybe that wouldn’t work). I thought for sure I could find such a purse at Wal-Mart today (had to go to the Soo). The closest I came WAS a diaper bag, but it didn’t go over the shoulder, so I guess I will have to buy the one from AS SEEN ON TV. Who ever thought that Dan would be right about getting a particular purse!

We are down to 3 hummers and down to three feeders. As they empty one, then I will take it down.

Fall colors are really slow to come on. I will be updating the fall color report in a couple of days basically just stating there isn’t much to see yet. The rest of this week is supposed to be more normal temps (which is nice after having two days of almost 90°).

Not much more going on in our corner of the world! Just enjoying this awesome weather!

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I got a bag from LL Bean that is really a back pack but with only 1 strap and it is teardrop shape.

    I love it for traveling. It comes in 3 sizes. I chose the largest but wish I had gotten the smaller one.

    I think they call in a healthy backpack in their on-line store.

    It came in several colors and patterns. I chose the olive green.

    Good luck.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, thanks for the idea. I'm going to look up the TV one and compare "options". No more than I actually carry in a purse, I would have room for those Ho Ho's and a box of Ding Dongs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive