Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 08, 2008

MY LIVING WILL

Last night, Dan and I were sitting in the living room talking about life and death and our living wills.

I said to Dan 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine & fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

Dan, ever the obliging husband that he is, got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Do you suppose that is a hint??

5 comments:

  1. Cathy, You are too funny. My husband & I are having a good laugh as we both sit here with our computers on our lap, sipping our coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lap top...yet. Would you believe DAN is the one encouraging me to get one before we leave on our trip??!! HA!

    I think instead of calling it an ethernet connection, it should be TETHERnet connection.

    Enjoy your morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, that sounds sooo much like me. I love my wine and my computer. I read this to my husband and he is smiling and looking at me with that all knowing look. BTW..... We found an excellent wine and it is made in Garden Michigan by Threefold Vine Winery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami, Dan and I use to make homemade wine but the only place we had where we could put it to ferment was in our bedroom. Needless to say, the bedroom got to smelling a little funky when the mixture really started to "cook"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive