Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE

Hey, my new “carry it all in one place” purse arrived today! I can say one positive thing about it; it is soft, supple and has a fragrance reminiscent of my old saddle (minus the sweaty horse smell).

There are 6 zippers. THAT alone has to be worth $19.00.

Let’s start with the 2 zippered pouches on the exterior (left and right side) that are each large enough to hold 3 pens and one good size pretzel (the straight kind of pretzel). On the outer front side is another zippered area that I can get my whole hand inside (not sure what I’ll put there unless my hand gets cold and I need a place to warm it up). On the outer backside is another zippered area that has more than enough room for one hand. I was thinking I could use the front zippered area and the back zippered area as a muff. It could be uncomfortable after a while due to the fact the zipper pouch on the front runs from side to side and the back one runs from top to bottom.

There is a zipper on the outside that encompasses the whole outside of the purse so you get an “extension” when you unzip it; makes the inside roomier. On the over the shoulder strap, close to the purse is a little bitty pouch that is “Velcro’ed” down…I can’t imagine what to do with that. Maybe stuff a woman’s hanky in it? It sure wouldn’t hold a man size hanky.

Then on the inside; on the “flap” that you unfasten to get IN the purse is a zippered pouch and this pouch is covered by something that resembles a black fish net. It is all of 5 ½” by 5 ½”. The next area I can fit my billfold as long as I stand it upright. There isn’t any way I could get a bottle of water in that area (as Seen on TV). The area in front of that has another fishnet zippered hidey hole as well as another pouch about the same size as the last one where I can stand my billfold up. I MIGHT be able to fit a bottle of water in that area, but that is where my camera is supposed to go…I hope.

The shoulder strap is a disappointment. Considering the purse itself is a nice soft leather, you’d think they’d put a decent strap on it. It is the same kind of a strap you see on duffle bags. It is probably about 2 ½” wide and is just plain old nylon stuff. So, I think if I was going to use this as trying to be more secure from having someone snatch my purse, I would put it on UNDER my coat because someone could very easily cut this strap.

In my opinion, it is NOT worth the total of $25.+. But I’ve got it and I will keep it…for one thing, there is nothing with it that shows you how to or where to return it if you wanted to. Would I buy it again? No. But then you have to remember, I’m probably not your typical gal. I don’t care about purses and fashion. As long as my jeans are clean, my hunting socks don’t have holes in the toes, all the buttons are on my flannel shirt and I have my Opium perfume, I’m a happy woman.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Zippers have their purpose in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, Yes, they do...especially on jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about the purse. I was going to order one and now I won't. It looked very good on the advertisement and I thought it would help me be organized. Sometimes you win and sometimes you are disappointed. Thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camp Runamuk, you are welcome. It is a nice, soft purse, but I am disappointed in it...especially the cheap strap. All the little hidey places inside are of such cheap quality (they are actually the nylon lining of the purseand have been sewn into "pockets") that after a few uses, they would probably tear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:15 AM

    Cathy You have got to post a picture of yourself girl! Ya sound like a troo Yooper woman to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, hmmmm...I'm usually the one BEHIND the camera, but I'll see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive