Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

MAKING A GOOD IMPRESSION

There are 3 foods that one should not use eating utensils with; pizza, fried chicken and corn on the cob. For whatever reason, they just taste better when you pick the article up and chow down.

What is better than corn on the cob slathered in butter (well, in OUR case, “I Can’t Believe its Not Butter” spray stuff)??? Sure it is a messy way to eat, but isn’t that half the fun of it?? You come away with butter running up your arms (again, unless you use the fat free spray stuff), butter smeared across your face and as you get older, corn stuck between your teeth…which is getting to be MY problem! I should actually floss in between bites but what fun is that??

The problem in running your business attached to your home is waiting on guests who could happen to come in during a time you are eating a meal. It isn’t their fault; it is just business. What sort of a first impression would I make checking someone in with corn sandwiched between my teeth? BUT OH, THOSE 2 EARS OF CANDY CORN WERE SO GOOD LAST NIGHT!!! Dan and I EACH had two of those huge ears of corn. Hubby is smart enough to cut his off the cob, but not me…and of course that is when someone came in the lobby. Dan entertained them while I spent 5 minutes flossing!

One of our guests (thank you Kolb’s from Sterling Heights) brought us a dozen ears of HUGE, freshly picked sweet corn, some nice big tomatoes and a couple of green peppers.
(Last week, one of our tent campers, and his friends, Richard Miller, gave us a bunch of HUGE peppers, cukes and some tomatoes…THANKS to those guys too!). This morning, Dan and I processed the other 8 ears of sweet corn and put them in the freezer. And we’ve got nice tomatoes to put on our salads and sandwiches! So thanks to both of these families!

(BTW, we are waiting for the old guy who can’t drive an RV to check out. All he has to do is pull forward to get on the road to get out of here…but there are trees on the playground in front of him…which IS across the road from where he is parked. Fingers are crossed, kids are off the playground, and owners of dogs have been put on alert).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive