Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, July 05, 2008

WE ARE FINE!!

WHOA!!! There are a lot of early risers out there who read Yooper Yarns! I've recieve 3 emails so far expressing concern over my previous post and wondering if we are one of the businesses who might not make it.

THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR US. We have spent and saved wisely. Yes, things are very tight right now but we just adjust for it. And I swear to you the reason we are selling the truck and camper IS so we CAN upgrade to something we could spend more than two weeks in. If Dan and I had to spend more than FOUR weeks together in our pop up we WOULD probably kill each other (not really but I'm sure there would be unkind words said!). And as I've said before, Dan is only now 5 short years away from retirement and THAT is why we have decided to sell our park. It has nothing to do with the economy. WE LOVE our property and it will be hard to leave it. And whomever purchases our place will be able to hit the ground running. When we bought it we had to start from scratch and build it up to what it is now. We have purchased a LOT of heavy equipment, built the cabins, the Lodge, added on to our home; lots of things we have done over the years. Even our home will basically be furnished for whomever moves in and the office is ready to go with all the office equipment anyone could need.

AND I'm not saying other businesses in the area haven't saved and spent wisely but it IS a scary situation when you go from going gangbusters to the slow down we are experiencing now.

So rest assured, we ARE in it for the long haul. Things HAVE to turn around, right???

So thank you for your concern(s). Please feel free to camp with us or stay in our lodging! There is plenty of room this summer and we ARE offering specials on camping to hopefully help off set the pump pain.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:13 PM

    First you should try writing a book!

    2nd we have stayed at your campground and LOVE it. we know you aren't ready to leave. we could tell that from talking with you guys. It is a beautiful park. Our kids were happy to be able to use there computrs to email their friends. You guys do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Thanks for your vote of confidence...it is something I am lacking!

    We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It is important to us that our guests DO have a good time in the area and hopefully enjoy our park! It amazes me that we have families that come stay and there are 3 computers in the family! Me, I want to get away from it all!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive