Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, July 19, 2008


I think Dan and I have both had our “DUH” moments for the month of July. We aren’t competing or anything so we always try to have them on different days.

Dan’s was a couple of days ago. He had been out cleaning the bathhouse and when he came back to the office he slammed the door. That is always a good notice that something is not sitting well. Without looking up at him (I was busy at the computer) I said “What’s the matter?” His response was, “Nothing. Don’t ask.” Well, obviously after that comment I’m gonna get up off my duff and follow him.

I asked him again what was going on. He evidently had started to calm down because he was chuckling a bit. It was then that I noticed his sweatshirt was basically sopping wet as was his hat and his hair (what there is of the hair…he is slightly hair impaired.).

Dan had been trying to remove some mushy bar soap that someone had “ground” into the shower mats in one of the shower stalls. He was bent over in the shower, rubber gloves on, rag in hand, trying to get this mess out of the mat. He accidentally “leaned into” the push button for the shower which started the shower spray. It didn’t take long for him to get out of there, but even at that, it was a bit late to avoid getting a good soaking. The ironic thing was that he had just moments before that told himself to be careful where he leaned so that wouldn’t happen. His shoes were soaked too, but the jeans were fine!

I have had my “new feet” 3 days now and they do seem to make a difference. The Dr said I can only wear them a couple hours at a time then I have to change back to my other ones. There have been days that I have forgotten to change over till in the afternoon (when my feet start to hurt!). Since this problem came about, I’ve been afraid to even get out of bed for any reason without putting my shoes on. These orthotics are made out of molded plastic and insert into my shoes a bit harder than my other orthotics.

The morning after I had gotten my orthotics, I sat up on the edge of the bed so I could put my shoes on before heading out to make coffee (yes I can actually wait that long to make coffee!). I didn’t put my socks on at this time. I headed down the hallway towards the kitchen and my right foot and my plastic orthotics were creating a very boisterous suction. I was hoping it wouldn’t wake Dan up but it was rather a revolting noise. I guess I should be glad it was just ONE foot and not both. Well, it DID wake Dan up but he didn’t notice it till I was on the way back to the bedroom to get ready to take my shower. He said “Are you sick?” I couldn’t figure out why he would ask me that! I told him I was not sick and wanted to know why he thought that. Then he asked me if I was walking with a cane…hmmmm…must be the noise my foot is making.

Hard to understand how he thought my foot could go from sounding like some one up-chucking to someone walking with a cane. I can give him the excuse that he didn’t have his ears on yet! And no, this wasn’t my DUH moment for the month. That just simply involved not paying attention to what I was doing. After I washed my hair in the shower, I put on condidtioner…or so I thought. I grabbed the Oil of Olay body wash and boy did THAT lather up. I think it took about 4 minutes for all the bubbles to go down the drain. And I can assure you Oil of Olay does NOT do anything for your hair…even when followed by conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive