Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A CORNY STORY

Ya know the saying “Be careful what you wish for”? In this case it is a GOOD thing!

Dan and I had a VERY nice surprise last night. One of our guests from Ft. Laramie, Ohio surprised us with ½ dozen HUGE ears of tri-colored sweet corn! As heavy as that bag is, it feels like a dozen ears! So, you know what WE are having for supper tonight! A big thanks for your thoughtfulness and genorosity to Deborah Groff and family! This is a real treat for Dan and me!

Yesterday morning, I made my bathhouse rounds about 6:00 a.m. When I got to the first stall in the women’s room the toilet seat was up and there was a massive wad of TP on the floor. When I got to the 2nd stall, the toilet seat was up, the toilet was FULL of TP, and there was TP strung all over that stall. I got my rubber gloves on so I could pull all that wet TP out of the toilet bowl, and managed to get the rest of it “unclung” from everything. Boy was I mad. I guess I should be glad the toilet DID flush OK.

THEN I discover a large puddle of water accumulating on the backside of the toilet on the floor and running all the way to the 3rd stall. As tight as Dan tightens things some how (hmmm, I wonder how?) the plumbing going into the toilet tank from the water line had come loose. It was not a good way to start the day. We had to shut the water off to the whole bathhouse to fix the problem. Fortunately no one (either men or women) was in a rush to take a shower or use the facilities.

In our restroom stalls are the type of TP holders that do NOT allow a person to easily unwind the TP. These holders are LOCKED. However, in two of the stalls in the women’s room, in addition to these two roll holder devices we also have one of the regular kind that you can unroll and THAT is what this person had used. In fact the TP from this holder was still strung, intact, into the toilet. I removed what was left of the roll of TP from these holders as well as the plastic roller that the TP goes on. I figured if anyone was rude enough to do the TP thing, I don’t think I would trust them not to try to flush the plastic rollers down the toilet. We KNOW in our hearts who it has to be but we can't prove it. See, I just can't imagine some Senior Citizen AARP bearing woman gleefully stuffing TP in the toilet, throwing it on the floor and placing it from pillar to post. No, I don't think that is the case....it has to be someon younger, but yet old enough to know "they done wrong".

Problems with “people” taking wet paper towels and throwing them on the ceiling or cramming them in the toilet and creating such a plug that we’ve had to flush the WHOLE septic system…those two problems are the reason we do not supply paper towels in the bathrooms any longer. The wet paper towels on the ceiling WILL remove the paint if you don’t see them until they have dried in place.

Do you suppose these things happen in their own home?? Remember what I said in a post a couple days ago about not talking about how to raise kids? Teaching courtesy, respect and common sense goes a LONG ways…and makes everyone happier.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    We've stayed at your park abouat 2 years ago and know what you mean about kids that have no manners or parents that don't care to watch after their own kids. We appreciate how clean and well kept your park is so we were very upset when the people next to us dumped their ashtrays right on the ground! And we told them so! We were polite as we could be about it but we didn't bother asking them if they do that in their own yard. We said something like "Don't you think this park is pretty and well kept?" They agreed. Then we said soemthing like "It doesn't stay that way when people dump their junk on the ground." And no, they didn't pick the butts up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:02 PM

    We've stayed at your park abouat 2 years ago and know what you mean about kids that have no manners or parents that don't care to watch after their own kids. We appreciate how clean and well kept your park is so we were very upset when the people next to us dumped their ashtrays right on the ground! And we told them so! We were polite as we could be about it but we didn't bother asking them if they do that in their own yard. We said something like "Don't you think this park is pretty and well kept?" They agreed. Then we said soemthing like "It doesn't stay that way when people dump their junk on the ground." And no, they didn't pick the butts up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, thanks for the compliments. Dan and I DO take pride in keeping things looking good. That is why my housework suffers sometimes! One would think those people would have gotten the hint when you spoke to them but to some it doesn't matter. They think if they pay you $XX to camp they OWN that piece of ground they are on. Thankfully that is a SMALL amount of campers that have that attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never understand what makes people do things like that. Even when I was a kid, I knew things like that were just wrong. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrible - cannot believe the rudeness and ignorance of this person. I wish them many clogged toilets in their own home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa and Shellmo, THIS escapade was nothing compared to the times some one took a poop in the shower stall! They were so determined to make a mess that they lifted up the shower mat, (which is one of those Dry-Dek mats; full of holes so water and air flow through), pooped IN THE CORNER of the shower then slammed the mat back down on top of their "calling card". No adult could have gotten their behind in a corner to do that. Sometimes ya have to wonder about people...We buy bleach by the truckload!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive