Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

UNDER (WATER) DOG, ANOTHER SPIDER FIGHTING FRIEND

One of my readers sent this to me after reading my "wolf war" and asked if this is what I looked like! HA!

Thanks Steve Davis

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I just wanted to thank you and tell you how much I enjoy reading the stories and up dates you write so well about the beautiful UP!!Daily I check to see what you have to talk about and it is always so very injoyable. I have never heard of this spider you are talking about. I hope I don't see one because I am not fond of the pests either.
    I am always looking for the reports on weather because we have a camp at Eckerman and we spend 3 or 4 months there in the summer. Would love to come up in the winter but have not been able to do so yet. Maybe one day!!!!
    Anyway, thanks again.
    Joan (Sumerco WV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, to quote Elvis, "Thank you, thank you very much". I'm glad you enjoy the site and my meanderings!

    Someplace in the archives is the story about the wolf spider and a photo (NOT a photo that I took, YUCK!!). I think within that same story is another story about my close encounter with a brown recluse in Louisianna while we were tent camping. HE was on some firewood I had picked up. I was very fortunate that I didn't panic. My insides were screaming OH GOD NO!!! But my outsides were calm enough to set the wood back down and then scream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, I forgot to ask you (and if you feel like answering you can write me at cclementz@lighthouse.net if you don't want to post it here); HOW did you end up coming to the Eckerman area when you also are from a very beautiful part of the USA??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, I'm BAACCCKKK!!! Actually, in case you are interested, go to the May 18, 2006 archives and look for MY NIGHTMARE AND WELCOME TO IT. There is a photo and story about the dreaded wolf spider.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive