Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, June 01, 2008

GREEN EGGS AND HAM

You may recall that a couple of weeks or a month ago I put out a distress call for brown eggs??
Well, "low and behold" (I have GOT to get a book that explains where these phrases came from!) a couple of my readers stopped by yesterday with eggs! And not just ANY eggs! There was a dozen of huge brown eggs and another dozen of huge light green eggs (hence, green eggs and ham!).

Since Dan and I still had two home made cinnamon rolls (with cream cheese frosting!) to eat for breakfast this morning, we haven't gotten into the eggs yet but they are on the menu for tomorrow!

So a big thanks to Dan and Louise from Jonesville, Michigan for the eggs! I should make some home made bread for toast to go with the eggs!


This was our worst business May since 2004. THAT was the year that gas jumped up to $1.89 per gallon. It was also the last year that Dan and I took a vacation (we don't count the trip we took downstate this spring as a vacation). We decided that year looked like it would be the last year for a while for a vacation due to the Michigan economy and what the price of gas was that year. I do remember when we got into Missouri that April the price of gas per gallon there was $1.59! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE EVEN $2.79 RIGHT NOW!! Even $3.00 would be a welcome sight!

I've gotten quite a few emails wanting to know the bug situation. It varies from day to day. 3 days ago the mosquitoes were horrible but the past couple of days they haven't been bad at all. Of course the closer you get to the woods, the worse they are. So just come prepared with Off or a bug net and you will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. Buckeye Paul11:13 AM

    Cathy,

    "Low and Behold" - "Low" is actually "Lo" which is an archaic way of saying "look". So it's like saying "look and see". Learn something new everyday.
    So are you running around camp yet? Hope so and I also hope yours and Dan's spirits are good!
    I have 1 week now until my trip to your wonderful peninsula. Look out fish and stay away bugs. Yes, I have plenty of that multi-purpose OFF and an oh so handsome bug-net hat that I will probably be wearing often. Unless there is a God and the black flies and mosquitoes drop out of the sky when I cross the bridge. Actually I can take the bugs if I catch the biggest fish. Bragging rights you know.
    Be well,
    Buckeye Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. BP, I am walking around the campground, not limping quite as much as long as I don't over do it. Thanks for asking about that and our "spirits". We are both doing better, but still miss both our pets.

    If ya bring the deep woods Off and leave the cologne at home, you should be OK (and yes, that mosquitoe net will help. I refer to mine as my helmet!)

    Good luck with the fishing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive