Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, May 04, 2008

WELCOME TO SPRING???

OK, it is all my fault that the temp is 26° this morning. I truly thought that 7 months of flannel sheets and flannel pillow cases was LONG enough.

I switched the bedding yesterday. I put regular sheets on the bed. This is what we get. And believe me; Dan has let me know how unhappy he is about it.

I am very glad that we have 3 sets of flannel sheets because 7 months use could wear one or two sets out!

I also washed our heated mattress pad (which can only be in the dryer for 10 minutes so it takes a while to get it dried to put the bed back together.). The pillow protectors all were washed too. We have the type that are “dust mite resistant”. Inside the “case” is a lining that looks like it is made out of a HEAVY saran wrap, so THAT takes a while to dry too.

I guess it had been a while since I had stripped the pillows completely. I don’t always think about washing the pillow protectors. When I took the protectors off the pillows, a duck fell out of each pillow. SERIOUSLY!!! There were enough feathers that came out of the cases and feathers that were also stuck to the pillows that you’d have thought we had a duck to rest our heads on.

I can’t remember the names or brands of these duck feather pillows, but they are supposed to be better for people who have neck problems. And what is supposed to make them better is that they are made with duck feathers. They must be Muskovy ducks because all the feathers are white. I actually had to sweep the bedroom due to all the feathers! BTW, these pillows DO fluff up nicely. Each one is about 10” thick after you fluff it. But the minute you lay your weary head on it, the area where your head is flattens out like a pancake and everyplace else is as fluffy as a cloud…a person could suffocate in all that fluffiness.

Dan and I HOPE to have the park open by May 9th. The operative word is HOPE. For starters, the County Health Department did not send out reminders in April about water tests (which truthfully I should have remembered anyway; it is something we do every year before opening) so I can’t take our water test till May 5th, which we should have the results by May 8th. A Michigan campground is NOT supposed to open until they have taken the required water tests and have a “non detected” result from the tests. The other problem is Dan and I tried to put the plumbing in the bathhouse back together only to realize the TempControl (an apparatus that mixes the hot and cold water for the showers) needed another o’ring. I ALWAYS keep two sets on hand, but for whatever reason, we didn’t have another set. We always order these by mail but I called the company hoping they would send us a set and charge our card, but NO, they don’t do it that way unless we are a distributor! “You need to send back the empty envelope with a $10 check and we will send you the 3 o’rings and the gasket.” So, I wrote a check for $20 and a letter asking them to send us TWO sets, and included the empty envelope. I drove to the Post Office and over nighted the “stuff”. The postage was $17.45, so 6 little bitty rubber o’rings and two gaskets cost almost $40…and no they are not something you can go to the local hardware store and get…of course not, it wouldn’t be THAT easy. So, I am hoping they will quickly send us back our order. WE HOPE TO BE OPEN BY THE 9TH!

It has been ALMOST a year since we made the decision to sell our property. I still can’t believe that we are at that stage in our lives where we think about “retirement”. You can probably tell I am not anxious to sell. We have a very beautiful piece of property and are very proud of what we have done to keep it that way. Dan and I hope that whomever purchases it will keep it natural as we have done.

Anyway, it looks like it will be a good day to work outside! Lots of trees to trim, firepits to clean out, picnic tables to get where they belong. Daylight is burning! Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive