Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

I broke down and purchased two new pairs of jeans. I like the St. John Bay jeans from JC Penneys. I thought when I ordered these they were just like the last couple of pair I ordered about 4 years ago but when they arrived, I could see right away they were not.

For one thing, I ordered the exact same size as I’ve always ordered and even with these being a big stretchy, they are VERY roomy where as the other ones always “fit just fine”. So, I’m thinking, do I keep them or return them? Will they shrink a bit or not??

Then there is that age old question that women always ask (and men fear to answer); Do these jeans make my butt look big?? In my case the question has always been; Do these jeans make my butt look bigger??? These jeans have fancy stitching on the rear pockets which is not something I need. When I was younger and in better shape (not the shape of an over ripe pear), I would have been thrilled to have that detailing on my butt pockets.

Well, I thought, I can adjust to that because my shirts usually are long enough to cover my pockets anyway. I AM kind of hoping they shrink up a bit though.

We had to make a trip to Petoskey yesterday due to 3 CT scans I had to have and then a Dr appointment afterwards. It seemed SO odd without Nick riding in the back of the Escape. Or having to stop at rest areas so he could “stretch his legs” and mark his territory.

We left about 6 a.m. and didn’t expect to see much holiday traffic that early in the day but thought it would pick up more by the time we came home. I think it was about 1:30 when we crossed The Bridge but there still wasn’t that much traffic (even for it only being 2 lanes yet). However, some of our camping guests that arrived late afternoon said they had about an hour delay sitting on the bridge and traffic was backed up clear to the Welcome Center exit. Others that arrived later said the state forest campgrounds along Lake Michigan on U.S. 2 just west of St. Ignace were BARE! THOSE are always packed on a holiday weekend, so what does THAT tell you??? I know pretty much everyone is in the same boat, but it scares me to think “How are we all going to make it?” There is hardly ANY tourist business this weekend. I don’t think those people who had to wait on or by the bridge would have had a wait if both sides of the bridge had been open plus yesterday the workers were trying to asphalt the side they’d had all torn up so there were trucks weaving in and out of the main stream of traffic. BTW, I can gladly say that the 3 CT scans I had did NOT show anything! (Even though my Dr appointment after the tests was to find out the results of the tests, he didn't have that info so it was about 6 p.m. last night before he ever called!!) We were all pretty worried because the Dr was looking for lymphoma (due the results of the blood work and some other labs I’d recently had. I have an excessive amount of monoclonal protein plus the weird stuff going on with my white blood count). So good news there!!!! Now if I could just get rid of my crutches and get my ankle back to normal. I want to get outside and DO something! ANYTHING!!!

Well, you all have a great holiday weekend and hope you will think about a stay with us sometime this summer! Check us out at www.northcountrycampground.com.

BTW, Dan has found several good size gray mushrooms right in our yard and one yellow one in our yard. So there is still hope for us to get a meal!

2 comments:

  1. buckeye paul11:18 AM

    Cathy,
    Very good news with the tests!
    Well, gas prices or not, I'll be making my way up there in 2 weeks and 2 days! I wonder if the black flies are out yet? I see that it is getting warmer up there.
    I hope you're off the crutches soon!!
    Buckeye Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. BP, Thanks!! We obviously were pleased with the outcome of the tests too!

    Yes, it is officially a real Yooper spring complete with black flies and a FEW mosquitoes. The little pesky black flies aren't too bad yet but with the rain and humidity they will be. Off will be the requirement, although someone did suggest Listerine. I don't know if I would WANT to smear Listerine on my skin!

    I'm getting around much better today. I'm about stir crazy and so tired of the couch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive