Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 12, 2008

FEDERAL REBATE CHECKS

The federal government is sending each and every one of us a $600 rebate.

If we spend it at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China . If we spend it on gasoline, the money will go to the Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala .

If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan . and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep the money here at home is to buy prostitutes, weed, beer and tattoos since these are the only products still produced in the USA .

Thank you for your help and please support the USA .

10 comments:

  1. Buckeye Paul12:57 PM

    Cathy,

    Prostitutes, weed, beer, and tatoos? I knew that Newberry had more to offer then just beautiful scenery and friendly people! Can I procure all of these "products" at Northcountry C & C? Very funny and a little sad. I didn't miss your point.
    Well its about 4 weeks and 2 days until my bud and I are in your neck of the woods. Yes, I'm counting the days. My friend (a Michigan native) wants me to ask about the bass and if they are "bedding". So any news on the bugs and the bass are greatly appreciated.

    Be Great,
    Buckeye Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buckeye Paul, I was hesitant to post that little "newsflash" for fear of offending someone! BUT, I do think people will get the point, like you did! And no, none of that at our place!~ HA!

    And so far, no black flies or mosquitoes!!!! Haven't heard anything about the bass; water is still pretty darn cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to keep that money local spend it on yard and garage sales

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could spend that check on yard and garage sales. That would keep the money local

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 PM

    One out of the four isn't bad, it depends on the type of weed, the type of beer,and where the ink came from for the tattoos, Ha Ha

    Jerry:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry and Bondo54...

    Garage sales! That IS a good idea! I bet others hadn't thought of that!

    As far as the ink, it is probably India Ink, right??? AND I DO beleive the tatt parlor in Newberry has closed! We're outta luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:38 PM

    I think I'm just going to save the money for next years snowmobile vacation to Newberry, It just might cover the cost of gas for two snowmobiles for a week,maybe cover the cost???

    Jerry :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jerry, THAT is a good idea! Hopefully we will have a lot of snow this coming winter like last year! Keep us in mind for a place to stay! We may have to get creative with our rates in order to entice people to come up! You can visit us at www.northcountrycampground.com. Click on Lodging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the garage & yard sales are our best choices. We know it will stay here. The checks are only to boost the numbers and make it look as though there is no recession.....what a joke.
    Linda in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I feel the same way. The powers that be are just taking it out of one pocket to put in another which will eventually have to go back in that first pocket...at OUR expense.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive