Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

THE BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS


Everyone should have a “bluebird of happiness”. Everyone is entitled to that. I feel so strongly about that notion that I am willing to give our bluebird of happiness to anyone who can capture the endearing little critter.

Before you come to claim your bird, there are a few facts that I feel I should share with you. Something you might not know otherwise. These are essential details you should have in order to properly care for the BBOH. First of all, you may not know it, but the bluebird of happiness does NOT go to bed until 9:43 p.m. And this same bird is stirring and at it’s established daily routine by no later than 4:30 a.m.

You may wonder just what the daily routine of the elusive BBOH might be. I am here to share that with you. The routine is quite straightforward really. The main objective of the BBOH is to poop on your window screens and try to pull said screens OUT using the beak and feet. When she finds that you have kindly removed the pooped on window screens (5 to be exact) , she then turns her attention to the clean windows and does likewise with the windows, while beating her beautiful blue wings against the glass…what a clatter this little BBOH can make….especially at 4:30 a.m.

The BBOH is elusive in her aspiration of bringing you happiness, for when you appear in the bedroom with a camera to capture her behavior she dashes away to the BBOH bird house (located behind the bedroom). Dan was able to capture one moment of her time and so I share with you that photo. You will need it so you can recognize the BBOH when you come to claim her…please, claim her. She has brought us so much early morning happiness that we just feel the need to share with others.

2 comments:

  1. I think your BBOH is lovely but maybe needs better manners about your windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Kate, Chicaog7:11 AM

    My wife and I are bird watchers and have enjoyed your stoires. This one is hilarious and I can see why yo u'd want to share the bird! HA! Good luck with that! It could be a LONG summer (with short nights!) for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive