Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

WE CAN SEE GRASS!!! It is brown, dead looking grass, but there are sprouts every 20’ or so! And I have posies trying to come up; tulips, daffodils, grape hyacinths and some things I don’t know what they are! (Some are coming up through the snow that is still hanging around)

We also have our annual chipmunk parade and a skunk in the yard. I KNOW this isn’t the one from LAST year (that took up residence under our home after the Sleeper Lake Fire). As far as birds, we have junco’s by the hundreds, a couple of red polls, the tree swallows are back (and there are more this year than last year) and Dan SWEARS he heard two hummers zoom past his head at the sound of speed (they make a “whistling” noise when they fly that fast). To be on the safe side, I did put two feeders out yesterday but haven’t seen anything. According to the migration map, they have been spotted in a few places in Canada, as far as around Saginaw and around Green Bay. We did have a female arrive in early May last year and she was by her lonesome for quite a while.

So with that in mind, here is my ODE TO THE MOWER;

ODE TO THE MOWER
Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder how
The mower is

Will the belts
Go round and round
Will the blades
Make a whirring sound

The plug is changed
The filter is clean
I just can’t wait
For my machine

To cut the grass
And make it fly
While swatting bugs
Till I cry

10 acres of grass
And I follow the sun
I’m the Lawn Ranger
And I “get ‘er dun”!
Copyrighted by Cathy Clementz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive