Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

JUST PLANE CRAZY!


I LOVE planes, helicopters and just about anything that leaves the ground higher than 200' in the air.

These photos are just a few that I took while Dan and I were at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo. If you are ever in that area, STOP!!!! It only took us maybe 3 hours to see and do everything. They even have a 4-D theatre and the movie that was playing brought tears to my eyes (it was a sentimental movie about 2 buds in WWII and one of them went down with the fighter plane while the other one was able to bail out).

There were also things for little kids (little rocket ships with controls that talked; things like that) to enjoy...as well as fighter pilot simulators that YOU have control of. We watched them for a while and there wasn't any way I was going to convince Dan to get in one, not after he watched the "contraption" (as he called it) stand on it's head and do barrel rolls. Between the man running the ride (there are 4 or 5 simulators all in a row) and me we finally convinced him to get into one of these 'pods'. We got all strapped in and the guy assured Dan we would not be going upside down, that this was the "computer aided" ride which was mild compared to what a person who took the controls could do. About the time Dan was getting into the sharp right and left banks and the ups and downs, and actually able to shoot and score, the ride was over.

I don't know exactly what the cost is per adult but we got a couple of discounts. Because Dan is a Vet, we got 20% (you have to show your military or VA card) off and then the man asked if either one of us was 60, which Dan just happened to be last month so we got another 10% off. So for the two of us, it cost us just under $30.00. It was money well spent.

I know I am supposed to be promoting the Newberry area, but if you are plane crazy, GO TO THE AIR ZOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive