Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

I should have known it would blow and snow today. Dan shaved his curly hair off and trimmed his beard yesterday. And I was tired of looking like Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka and got MY hair cut short yesterday too (kept the ears and neck covered though!). This morning the wind is howling and it is snowing sideways. I guess the only “good thing” is that even at 4:30 it is 29°. 7 more nights of grooming snowmobile trails for this season! Ya better come up and ride!!!

We have to be in the Soo early this a.m. and we are really looking forward to that drive (NOT) especially with the slick road conditions. Dan is having his first annual knee check up since his replacement from almost a year ago. While we are there we will do our bi-annual shopping. I never have enjoyed shopping so Dan doesn’t have to worry about ME lolly-gagging (who ever invented THAT word??) in any stores. I have my list in hand when I march in, grab a cart and GO. We like to eat at the Chinese buffet place for lunch when we are in the Soo, and then feel miserable afterwards and neither one of us wants to drive the 76 miles back home.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and the temps were in the 30’s. The past several winters we were pretty much DONE with winter by now so we have gotten spoiled. I guess this is actually the way winter USE to be…hard to remember. I know the year we built the cabins, the materials were supposed to be delivered in early April. And we had to keep putting off the delivery date due to winter lingering on (and on, and on). It was pretty close the end of April before we could have them ship the logs, shakes, etc. And what was REALLY scary was that I already had the two cabins rented in July. I DO like goals!

Just wanted to drop by and check in with ya and let you know that from here on out, I probably won’t be updating as frequently. We’re getting close to our “down time”. Please feel free to email but understand that I won’t be checking that as frequently either (maybe a couple times per day). And if you are looking for tourist type info for our area, you can go to our website at http://www.northcountrycampground.com/. Scroll down the first page and there is a box with links to various tourist attractions in the area. You can also go to http://www.newberrytourism.com/ .

Also, remember that even while we are closed, you can make online camping reservations 24/7 at our website (if I am not answering the phone or emails quickly enough). Lodging reservations DO have to be made through OUR office; not online. We are NOT closed yet; I will let ya know when we are!

Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive