Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

NUTTIN' MUCH

We survived the Magic Carpet adventure yesterday! We even kept our sense of humor (Dan thought it was funny when I sliced open my finger on some discarded carpet strip tacking and I thought it was funny when he banged his head on the closet door knob. What a hoot). AND we are still speaking to each other. Nick was so NOT amused by the whole thing that even he wasn’t a bother.

We managed to even get the padding down in the hallway but didn’t feel like installing the carpeting down the hallway yesterday. It’ll keep. It is nice though even to just have the padding. When Nick walks down the hallway, it doesn’t sound like Yosemite Sam.

There is only one tiny flaw in our finished project and maybe one of you may have a suggestion. Our closet doors are the type that “folds” outward; they are on a track. We misjudged about a 6” long by maybe ¾” area in front of the doors and so there is a spot where the carpet is not cut straight and it STICKS OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB (which we have a couple of those too). I thought maybe I could stick a throw rug in front of the closet. We tried that, but it is just high enough that you can’t get the doors open. The other option I can think of is to take a section of the left over carpet and try to piece it in there to cover that up and probably glue it to the floor so it stays put. Any carpet experts out there????

About the Zicam; I think I am a believer in this stuff. My cold has NOT progressed. It has been a week that I have been using the Zicam. NO WHERE on the instructions or on the box does it tell you how LONG to use it; it tells you how OFTEN to use it. I found more info on their website, but I emailed them to be on the safe side. I was going to be very surprised if I even had a reply, but a rep from Zicam called me! You are to continue to use the Zicam for a full 48 hours AFTER you feel your cold symptoms have subsided. A normal cold runs its course in 10-14 days. As I said, it has been a week and I DO think I still sound “nasal” so I will continue on it a while longer. BUT, at this point, I am totally pleased. I will try to remember to let you know what I think when I feel it is “safe” for me to stop using it. For $11.49, if this works, it is a heck of a lot cheaper than that $80 visit to the Dr for the LAST cold. And as I’ve said before, if it wasn’t for my blood counts being out of whack, getting a cold wouldn’t be a big deal for me. I’ve even got Dan taking it because he felt like HE was getting a cold last week and he needs to stay healthy so he doesn’t re-infect me.

Our area is in another winter storm warning for today/tonight. Some areas could receive 10-15” of heavy, wet snow. Dan is already running out of places to stack snow! He has gone has high with the snow banks as his loader bucket will reach. Too bad that Michigan is in the dumps and the price of gas is what it is; otherwise business would be BOOMING up here.

Don’t forget to email suggestions on the carpet issue; cclementz@lighthouse.net.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive