Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, February 08, 2008

LITTLE OL' ME, THE MIGHTY SNOWMOBILE TRAIL REPORTER

I get asked this question a lot this time of year; HOW MUCH LONGER WILL YOU HAVE SNOW?

I am so flattered that people think I have this kind of knowledge. So, I pulled out all the stops in order to get an answer for those inquiring minds.


First off, I consulted the Crazy 8 ball. Some of you "youngsters" might not know what that is since everything is electronic now. It is a black sphere about the size of a large grapefruit. It is made to look like the 8 ball used in a game of pool. The wonderful thing about THIS ball is that it can predict the future! You ask it a question, turn it upside down, and the answer miraculously appears in a little window that you didn't even know was there! So, as I said, first off, I consulted the Crazy 8 ball; "How long will we have snow?" The answer was hazy but soon appeared "Check back later."


Well, since THAT was a bust, I thought I'd try the old Mirror Mirror on the Wall trick. So, when I got out of the shower this a.m. and the bathroom was all steamy and the mirror was foggy, I cleared off an area on the mirror so I could talk to it.

ME: Mirror, Mirror
On the wall
How much longer
Will the snow fall

IMAGE IN THE MIRROR REPLIES: Comb your hair
So I can see your eyes
I have no clue
How long the snow flies!

Ya gotta give me credit for trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive