Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

COLD WEATHER AND WIND, NEWBERRY

Well, that was a dumb thing to do.

You may recall that I had a terrible cold and laryngitis a couple weeks ago and that with my low blood count I have to be very careful when I get sick (and try to NOT GET sick to begin with). Yesterday I thought I felt like I had a cold coming on but hoped I was mistaken. Today I KNOW I have it coming back. My daughter SWEARS by that Zicam nasal spray stuff so I thought we’d go to town and get a bottle of it.

For those of you not any more familiar with Zicam than I was, it is supposed to “curb the cold” IF you take it within the first 48 hours of feeling a cold coming on. So, I hope I’m not too late!

The wind had subsided for a bit and we thought it wouldn’t be too bad to get to town. BOY were we WRONG! It is HORRIBLE out there! The further down the road we got, the worse the weather was. At times we could barely see 6’ in front of us. We were driving with our lights, fog lights and 4 way flashers on. AND WE MET IDIOTS THAT DIDN’T HAVE ANY LIGHTS ON!!! This is for sure the blizzard conditions they were talking about! I thought this would be pretty hard to explain to anyone if we had an accident that I felt it was imperative that I get to town to get some Zicam to prevent a COLD!

We finally found our way to town, made it to the drugstore and I found the cold and flu section. I even found the Zicam….no one warned me about the number of choices! There is cherry flavored chewable, there is the gel nose spray (which I ended up with), there is mouth spray, there are swabs and seems like there was one more choice. Then when we managed to get home with it, I had to get out a magnifying glass to read the fine print (well, not really but it was pretty small in places…or maybe it was because my glasses had Jack Frost on them). So I will let you know how it goes! I will be a tester for you!

We had two cabins check out today. One of the cabins that checked out “only” had to go as far as Cheboygan so hopefully they will make it OK. The other had to go to Lawton. I haven’t really heard what the weather is south of “da Bridge”, but our thoughts are with all of ya out there trying to get from Point A to Point B. WE ARE HOME FOR THE DURATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive