Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

CHIPS AHOY FROM THE TASA TROOPERS!

It is a rare occasion that our mailman can’t fit our mail in our big mail box, but today he was sitting in the yard honking his horn.

Dan came back in with this HUGE box and a portion of the return address read: FROM THE TASA TROOPERS and then gave the rest of their address.

You may recall that the TASA TROOPERS (AKA 3 nuts from Ohio, the Buckeye state) are the guys that stayed on the trail for at least 12 hours helping Groomer Dan, Groomer Wayne, Mechanics Jerry and Buzz get the TASA groomer out of the ditch.

One of the things they told Dan was that where they are from is famous for potatoes and excellent potato chips! So, we can add that to the list of things from Ohio; taters!

Then a couple days ago, I received an “odd” email that read as follows:

I dropped a "Calling Card" in the mail today for you and Dan. Hope it's not in a million pieces by the time it gets there. Let me know if it is.

Thanks
T-T-T's Division
I wasn’t sure if someone was sending me a mirror (worried about it being in a million pieces) or if it as a mistake.

When I saw this box I figured out WHAT that email meant! They were concerned about the chips being in a million pieces! THEY CAME THROUGH OHIO AND MICHIGAN JUST FINE! Talk about some well traveled taters! Crossed the bridge and everything!

I have emailed the TASA TROOPERS a thank you and let them know that Dan and I will be taking a bunch of these bags of chips down to the TASA barn for the rest of the crew to enjoy!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS! You are pretty special people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive