Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, January 25, 2008

TAHQUAMENON AREA SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION WEBSITE

Dan the Man…that’s my hubby.

The other night, he had the “honors” of being the groomer who tried for the first time this season to make it through “The Swamp” on trail #45 to the Falls. He made it through. We could send the Navy seals home.

Then two nights ago, TASA figured with all of these terrible cold temps “The Other Swamp” between Rexton and Trout Lake would HAVE to be frozen enough to groom by now! So, Dan the Man headed out. He was throwing mud and swamp muck etc to get through that stretch. He finally got to a place he felt he could safely stop the groomer to get out and check the equipment over. He no sooner sat foot on the “ground” and he sunk in over his knee high boots! He quickly got back in the groomer, revved up the RPM and got the heck outta there! We were lucky.

Some sledders had seen him coming from the other side of the swamp and waited for him to get to “dry ground”. They thanked him for the great day of riding; the trails were awesome and TASA did a great job…and then they headed towards Rexton (sleds have been making it through ok, but it is rough going for them). Dan was out of the groomer, checking the drag and tractor over and some other sleds who had been behind him had the nerve to stop and tell him where he groomed was “pretty rough for just being groomed.” They even went on to say that the swamp would support that groomer (I wonder if THEY are groomers someplace??!!!). Dan politely smiled, got back in the groomer and headed back towards Rexton. Ya get all kinds of advice from people who don’t know jack.

So, needless to say, we won’t be trying to groom that section again for a while. Dan was gone about 16 hours that night/day. I knew he was in for a long night/day so I packed him a real good lunch; made sure he had plenty. The next day when we finally caught up with each other he said “Was I supposed to take somebody with me last night?” I said “How would I know? That would be up to Bob.” He said, “Well, with all that food I thought maybe I was missing someone.” NUT.

HEY!!!! THE NEW TASA WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNING! Check it out at http://www.tasatrails.com/. The OLD website might come up for just a split second but then it goes to the new one. We still could use donations to help pay for all the changes. So far we have $20.00 from Mrs. & Mrs. James Heiler, $3.00 from 7 year old Crystal Spencer and $40 from Steve, Angie and Caleb Rausch. If you would like to contribute, make the check payable to TASA but send it to me at Cathy Clementz, 13209 M-123, Newberry, Mi. 49868. Put a notation on the check that it is for the website.

Well, I better go pack Dan a reasonable size lunch. He’ll be leaving soon for the south trail! He may run into another woman on skiis!

Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive