Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NUTTIN MUCH

I can describe the outside in one word: ICE. It is treacherous out there! The road in front of our house is wet and basically bare, but everything out here where Dan has plowed is ICE.

I was going to take some letters to the mail box but not without putting my cleats on first. Dan said he’d take it out because he figured I’d fall even with my cleats on. I tried to talk him into putting HIS cleats on but oh, no. I watched him slip and slide in his tennis out to the mailbox and back. When he came in he said “Nothing to it!”. I told him he looked like an over grown toddler just learning to walk.

Then the weather for later today and overnight is supposed to take a wicked turn! We are expected to get 50 mph winds and LOTS of snow. Currently we are in a blizzard warning. In case you aren’t familiar with what that means, here is the best definition;
A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. TRAVEL TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY IS NOT RECOMMENDED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU.

TASA didn’t groom last night because it was too warm and we won’t groom tonight because it will be too cold! Well, that and the blizzard conditions. The Weather Wizards say the wind chill tonight will feel like -20 to -30°. The actual temp could be as low as 9°! Currently (it is about 10 a.m.) the thermometer reads 37°.

I thought my knee was asleep when I got out of bed this morning because my left leg buckled. Just the way it felt reminded me of how your hand feels when it is asleep. That was about 4 hours ago and it isn’t any better. Hmmmm…old age?? Dan was still half asleep when I got up but he saw me almost go to the floor and he wanted to know if I’d tripped. I told him that just the mere sight of him in the early morning light made my knees buckle. That ought to hold him for a week or two. I don’t think to compliment him enough…but then maybe he didn’t take it the way I meant it. He just rolled his eyes, then rolled his body and went back to sleep.

Nick has been looking for Chewy for the past week and has been on a hunger strike for about as long. He went through this when we had She-ba put to sleep (about 11 years ago). It is still very difficult for all of us but I feel sorry for Nick. Even though we let him see her and smell her after we’d put her in her little hooch, I don’t know if he really understood it. Nuff of that….

Not much else going on up here. Just waiting to see what the weather does and with the reputation of our electric department I suppose when the wind starts to pick up I better set some water aside. Sometimes if we get too many Mourning Doves on an electric line, we lose juice! But with 50 mph winds, ya never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive