Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'M BAACCCCKKKK..SORT OF

WOW!! I have been over whelmed by your support and understanding and concern. Dan and I appreciate the emails and cards. I am trying hard to adjust to life without Chewy and I am about recovered from my bout with that cold. I better be because the medicine is all gone as of today! I do have my voice, but because my throat gets dry if I talk too much, I’m still “being quiet”….and I’m tired of everything tasting like Halls!

One of my Newberry friends, Candace from the Gateway Motel, took pity on Dan. She knew he’d wanted some no-bake cookies and she also knew that I was not in any way, shape or form ready to “bake”, even NO bake. Candace delivered a platter of cookies for Dan this afternoon and while she was at it, she dropped off a couple dozen brownie cupcakes for the groomer guys at the TASA barn, so thanks to Candace.

I shouldn’t make it sound like I haven’t been cooking because I HAVE been. I just wasn’t in the frame of mind to make extras. With all of the chocolate goodies that “Gaylord Gramma” sent and the no bake’s for Dan, we’ve been getting by fine.

We are COLD!!!!! I went outside to get the mail yesterday (and it WAS 23° at that time) and no longer than I was outside, by the time I got in my neck was one big red welt. My lips didn’t look much better. I’m just glad I didn’t have to explain myself to anyone! Anyway, right now as I am writing this we are at 5° above zero and expecting to get a LOT of blowing snow tonight.

Dan groomed the south trail last night, which can take about 15 hours. There was a LOT of sleds on the trails. He figured he was seeing about 50 per hour and 3 or 4 of those 50 per hour tried to careen into the groomer. This is how you wake up dead, folks. These sledders came around a curve ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRAIL, going pretty darn fast. Fortunately, Dan saw them coming and he came to a stop (but then he’s only doing about 10 mph) and he said even with the engine of the groomer running, he could hear them locking up their sleds. One of them ended up off the trail out in the woods; didn’t hit anything. I told Dan I would NOT make a good groomer because I would come unglued and give them a piece of my mind. Not Dan, he offers them toilet paper. Well, when he knows they finally are LOOKING AT HIM, he holds up a roll of toilet paper in case they had a different type of an “accident.”. This is just ONE groomer guy; can you imagine what it is like ALL OVER THE STATE!!??

Well, I really don’t have a lot to share with ya other than business is picking up in the area and we are booked for the weekend. But if you are looking for a place to stay, keep us in mind, eh??

Thanks again guys and gals for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive