Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, January 07, 2008

A DAY IN THE LIFE

I have a cold. It is one of those man size hanky colds. One of those ROUGH material red man size hanky colds. I don’t care HOW many times you wash those things, they are rough and stiff for a very long time. By the time they are soft and supple, then the “hems” are coming undone and you have ravels of red string.

I started feeling this coming on about 3 days ago and immediately went to the old stand by of gargling with salt water. For the past 2 years (this makes #3) about this same time each year I have gotten a terrible cold and a sore throat that reminded me of when I was a kid. It is a “weird” sore throat because my throat/tonsils don’t swell but the roof of my mouth gets very red and inflamed. No spots in my mouth, no fever; just a bad head cold, the “throat” thing and then it all goes to my chest. I had it bad enough last year I almost went to the Dr. If it gets that bad this year, I will go to the Dr because he wants to check my white blood count to see what happens to my white cells when I get sick. I wonder if he plans on picking up the bill??? HA.

This weather is something. It is treacherous walking about due to the ice every place that has been plowed in our driveway/roads. John Dee and other Weather Wizards say we will have a big cool down by mid week and snow moving in. But they change their minds a lot. I guess it is time to post the prayer to White Precipitus and get you all to say it…and offer chocolate. She picks the chocolate up at our home.

Chewy is doing better but I’m not holding my breath. I seriously thought this past Saturday that by today we’d be calling the vet, but she’s eating, barking, walking around with her tail up. She’s sleeping better. I know she won’t live forever, but this has surprised us.

Not only is Chewy surprising but Dan is surprising too. Dan was finishing up some stuff outside and I saw him standing outside his shop, bent over like he was looking for something in the snow , or he was in pain (the over head shop door was closed). Then he started walking up here with his hand in his coat, kind of like Napoleon with the hand over heart. So by the time he got here I was really curious and some what worried. I met him at the door and his hand was still in his coat and I said “What is wrong? Is it your heart??!!!” He said “NO! It’s my damn fingers! I shut my fingers in the ($#*% door!” When he was pulling the over head door down, he got his left hand 4 fingers in the hinged part of the door and did not realize it and wondered why in the heck the door wouldn’t close, so he tried harder! THEN the light came on! DUH and ouch. By then he had a hard time getting the door back up (because of the pain and being totally ticked off…btw, this is the G rated version) so as he was trying to lift the door back up, he was yanking on his fingers to get them loose. I had a hard time convincing him to put some ice on those fingers. They looked pretty bad.

I reminded him of how that happened to ME once several years ago and the advice he gave me at the time: “Keep your fingers out of where they don’t belong!” Then he proceeded to put ice on MY fingers.

He looked out at the door and you can now see a little space between where the door hinges where his fingers were. I reminded him of how he is the person that ALWAYS over tightens everything and always is slamming doors, etc. We can laugh about it now.

I thought maybe he did this as a way to avoid playing Uno-Rummy Up…can’t use his hand type of thing.

Just so you know, before this happened Dan had a limited amount of feeling in his finger tips (we don’t know if it is a result of carpal tunnel surgery several years ago or not). I think he has even LESS feeling in those finger tips now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive