Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

CHEWY

This is not the "story" I spoke of in my trail report this morning. I doubt that I will get to that today and maybe not even tomorrow.

I wanted to share with you that today is the day we will be putting our little Chewy to sleep. The vet will be here about 4 p.m.

6 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry Cathy. It's hard to lose a friend and companion. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,I feel very guilty. Everyone tells me I should not feel guilty, so why do i? There's a hole where my heart should be tonight.

    Thank you for caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:08 PM

    Cathy and Dan
    Sorry for your loss. We had to put both our pets to sleep in the last year and half. thirteen and fifteen were their ages their health had went and it was the right thing to do. You miss them but their memory will always be there. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon, Dan and I have been chuckling between the tears about some of little Chewy's antics. She had this tippy toe thing she'd do when you'd rub her back, where her tail joined her back. She'd arch all up like a cat, put her little head in the air and tippy toe around licking her lips while you were rubbing her "butt". Dan would refer to her as "being a groovy chick." She was feeling groovy. It was so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy
    I am sorry. I have been in many difficult situations in my life, and putting a pet to sleep ranks among the most difficult. You guys provided a wonderful and loving pack for her, and in time, after the sadness fades, the laughter and joy she shared with you will still be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es, I know your pets are your family too, so maybe you will understand when I say I think it is harder to say goodbye to a pet family member than it is a family member. It would be hard enough if the pet dies on its own, but when you make that decision, there is so much guilt. Thank you for your words. I'm looking forward to your exhibit in March.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive