Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BLOWING IN THE WIND...

This will be a good day for baking bread or baking something…assuming the power stays on!

I can’t tell how much snow we received so far…and I’m not going outside anytime soon to measure it! All I know is when I tried to open the storm door to let Nick, the Husky outside, I was pushing snow and it was hard to get the door open. I’m guessing we only got about 4-5” but with the wind it is very hard to tell. You know it is bad when a Husky wants right back in as soon as he is done doing his business!

Snow is drifted about ½ ways up the bird feeder pole, so that drift is about 4’ high. I don’t have a clue what the side roads are like but the snow plow was been past here earlier this a.m. The wind is FIERCE!!! Supposedly when the wind dies down TASA will start grooming the trails again. I’m sure everyone that grooms will want a chain saw with them. I can’t imagine that there won’t be some trees down as a result of the wind.

Dan saw the Northern Lights last night. He said they were just a dancing…problem was they were just a dancing in our bed, under the covers. We use flannel sheets in the winter time and I put on a polar fleece nightgown last night. Dan sleeps with his head covered up. He said that every time I moved that there were sparks. At first it startled him because he thought something was wrong with our Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed. I guess he thought it had shorted out (oh, I should mention that we use an electric mattress pad so that is where his concern may have arisen from!). Then he tried to accuse me of setting sparks off that affected the “PSI rating that he had HIS side of the bed set at because it felt softer than normal”. He says these things to make me laugh…at least that’s what I tell myself.

Here is a cute story you need to check out;
Oh No! Not Another Drunk Guyt On A Snowmobile!
And this one is in Michigan. Police found Frank Kozumplik, 49, homeward bound on a John Deere tractor Saturday night, toting four bottles of wine in a paper bag, officials said. He told officers that his wife had taken their car to work ...check it out! HA!

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive