Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, December 16, 2007


I have received some emails in regards to the report change on the TASA website and there are some postings on the Eastern U.P. message board. The board meeting is Tuesday night so if you want to add your 2¢ worth, please get it to me before then. This change was NOT a membership decision and was not even voted on. Technically, according to Roberts Rules of Order, this conversation which ended in the “decision” to change the report should NOT have taken place at the special meeting that was held on 12/10. But, I was so tired of fighting about this that THAT part didn’t even dawn on me till a couple of nights later…and when the light came on, I couldn’t sleep the rest of the night. So, if you have any thoughts or concerns you want to share with the board, please get them to me by 5 p.m. on Tuesday; cclementz@lighthouse.net.

The 2nd night after having the furnace fixed and not having the odor in our home and nostrils, Dan came home from grooming. I guess it was about 11 p.m. When he got into bed it woke me up (I don’t sleep well till he is home anyway). The furnace happened to be on and I could smell fumes again. THAT woke me right up! I was immediately upset and disappointed. Before I could even launch into a tirade, Dan told me that he had spilled diesel fuel on himself.

When the groomer operators bring the groomers back to the barn, one of their duties is to refuel the groomer. Dan refueled the groomer and was finishing checking out the groomer and completing the paper work that each operator does upon return. He kept smelling fuel. He went over to check the groomer and could see that fuel seemed to be seeping out around the cap. He SLOWLY loosened the cap and diesel fuel spewed out of the tank….and all over Dan and his clothes. He said it was like a little geyser. An air bubble had developed while filling the tank and the eruption of Little Faithful was the result.

He had put all this clothing in the laundry room and had tried to wash himself off without hopping into the shower. My nose is SO sensitive and yes, I am paranoid yet about the furnace. I couldn’t help but think we were back to square one. THANK GOODNESS THAT WAS NOT THE CASE! IT WAS A CASE OF THE STINKING HUBBY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive