Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

NUTTIN MUCH

This is a bah-humbug morning. I’m beginning to think the Weather Wizards are all a bunch of lunatics….or they have an evil sense of humor. IT IS RAINING! It is 38°! It is supposed to start turning colder and start snowing this afternoon…at least that WAS the prediction. I found out that Amish sugar cookies go really well with that cup of coffee when you are depressed! 5 of them seemed to help! I probably should have had a couple squares of fudge for good measure.

I thought this morning would be a great morning to learn all about Photoshop 5. So far I am on page 55 of Photoshop 5 For Dummies and I’m at the section of Resolving Resolution….like I’m going to remember all the previous stuff when I’m in this frame of mind. I’m using a photo that I don’t care if I mess it up or not, which is a good thing because Ctrl + Z does NOT put things back to the way they were! So far the only thing I know to do when I "mess up" is to close the image and when the box asks if I want to save the changes, I click NO!!!! And then I re-open the image again to start all over. I’m sure there is an easier way but we haven’t gotten to that part yet. And, I learn more from DOING than from READING; trial and error. Maybe by the time I can afford a SLR digital camera I will have this mastered!

And speaking of mastering things, with all the technology and how it changes from hour to hour, I am vowing to “get with it” for my New Years resolution. And as proof of that, I want to share a photo with you of my newest electronic gadget. It wasn’t as difficult to master as I figured. Oh, I guess I should tell you this is a Yooper Palm Pilot.





My errand morning is traditionally every Tuesday, but considering Christmas is Tuesday and Monday will probably be REALLY busy in the IGA store, I did my next week grocery shopping yesterday…and the store was packed then too. Since the holiday IS just Dan and I (and of course the dogs) we just don’t go all out…heck we don’t even go a LITTLE out. BUT, I always fix a BIG breakfast for Christmas morning. It is kind of like a buffet type breakfast. This year, I’m fixing homemade potato bread (toasted), hasbrowns, maple flavored sausage links, corned beef hash (I was going to make my own homemade sausage hash, but couldn’t find the sausage I like to make it with), cheesy scrambled eggs and I think that is it. The rest of the day, IF we are still hungry is just gonna be junk food. We only do this one day a year so I don’t think the heart Drs should start pointing fingers at us.

I’m not sure if I will have anything to add for the next couple of days so if I don’t talk to you before Christmas, and hoping I don’t offend anyone, Dan and I wish you a VERY Merry Christmas! AND PLEASE PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Hey, Cathy!

    With all this talk about your Amish sugar cookies... any chance you'd share the recipe? I also love a cookie or two in the morning with my tea. No coffee here, I like it too much and could never stop at *only* 5 cups. So I swore off it over one hellish two week period years ago, and Lordy, I never want to go through that again. Think, 3 migraines in one week... Yikes!

    The weather has been ultra weird downstate as well... hovered at 46 all day yesterday and into the night. Our 10" of snow is just about gone now. The temps have dropped to 31 in the last couple hours; still too warm for my tastes this time of year.

    Happy holidays to you... hope y'all get a ton of snow over the next week!

    BTW... have you ever played with PhotoShop Elements? I found it a relatively easy program to learn without the steep learning curve of the full PhotoShop program

    Kathe
    Southfield, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be happy to share the recipe. Since you are the 2nd person who has asked, I will post it online sometime soon.

    We have anywhere from 8" of snow to 15" of snow on our property. Hopefully there is more than that north of us. The trails will be icy now until we get snow cover. Currently we are at 28 so that is a vast improvement over this a.m.

    I've not heard of Photoshop Elements...maybe I will wish I had!

    I will try to remember to post that recipe later today or tomorrow sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive