Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

IS THE END IN SIGHT??

I do have to tell you that this furnace problem has the furnace repair guys (yes, plural) stumped. On Wednesday, they installed a new “smoke stack” (that’s what I call it; the piping that comes out of the furnace and up into the rest of the piping in the attic and out through the roof. All the other pipes beyond this small part are in very good shape.). THAT was in sad shape and we hoped that would fix the stink problem…but it did not. So the one guy discovered that after the furnace shut off, the pump was still putting fuel to the “pot” so figured THAT had to be the culprit. New pump installed. It was hard to tell when Furnace Fella was here whether or not the new pump took care of the problem because there was so much fuel oil smell in the air and on the floor, etc. After he left I tried to clean up the best I could and felt that I had all of it. I anxiously awaited the furnace coming on…and it still stunk. And it still DOES stink. We just cannot figure it out! After the furnace has been on for maybe 30-40 seconds, the smell inside the furnace area goes away, but during that time, that smell lingers in that end of the house. There is no smell coming through the registers. So if any of my readers are furnace experts, I am open to suggestions. At least, SO FAR, we are able to stay in our own home and we DO have heat!

Since writing this last night, I have found a few more little areas around “nuts and bolts and fittings” that were shiny with fuel oil and have wiped it up as best I can. So far they don’t appear to be shiny again so I would think the fittings are all good and tight. Now, I’m waiting to see if THAT makes a difference in “to smell or not to smell”.

Hubby Groomer Dan thought he'd be back from the south trail about 1:30 this morning. It is now 7:30 and he is finally back to the groomer barn. It was slow going due to a lot of trees that he had to stop and cut up to get out of the trail. I don't have the full report yet, but when I do it will be updated on the trail reports that I mentioned in my previous post.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive