Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, December 14, 2007

AS I LIVE AND BREATHE...

What a difference a good man makes, furnace man that is!!

Chewy slept till 4 a.m. which means we did too!!! AND when I got up this morning to let her out, the only vapor that was coming from my nose was due to it being cold outside when I opened the door! There was no blue smoke being emitted from my nostrils!!! Chewy still acts “sickly” and doesn’t have an appetite, but I don’t know if it is because of almost two weeks of fuel oil stench or if it is just because of her old age problems. She does suffer from pancreatic issues. She didn’t want anything to eat this morning and went back to bed. She has stayed in bed since then which is strange for her. Well, at least it is strange for her over the course of the last 18 days. During this whole time, she has been pacing back and forth during the day time; like she couldn’t get comfortable of figure out where she wanted to be. We have had this problem during the night PRIOR to the furnace issues and that is why she gets Xanax at bedtime. But today, she isn’t even stirring; I don’t know whether to be relieved or worried. I’ve even checked on her to make sure she is breathing!

And I will try to get the brown tear stains off from Nick’s inner eye area today. He doesn’t enjoy having his “face” washed, but he never had stains in that area until this whole darn thing with the furnace.

Shoot, I might even bake some cookies today! That has been another concern, at least for me, with using the stove. We have a brand new gas stove and when ever I would use it, if the furnace was running, you would get a very strange odor mixture. I half expected the fumes to meet in the living room and make a big KA-BOOM!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive