Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

TASA NEWSLETTER

I have been developing a newsletter for our snowmobile association. It will be called TASA TALK. I already have about 150 people on the distribution list and hope to send out the first copy soon. It will be sent as an attachment via email. There seems to be a problem with some people being able to open the attachment; MAC users can open it but it doesn't "translate" to what the newsletter is supposed to look like. And I think others might have problems if they use an old version of MS Word.

I want to keep it informative and light. TASA hopes to be able to keep our members informed via this e-letter! We have no idea if this will work or how often it will be sent out or what will be contained in it. That is where YOU the member come in! Since this e-newsletter is being generated to keep you informed, your input as to what you would like to see IN the newsletter is important! What WE think might be important info to share with you might not necessarily be what you are hoping to see. There possibly are issues that go on in the snowmobiling industry that you aren’t even aware of and this e-newsletter is allows us to share that with you.

TASA has more members that live OUT of the area and out of state than there are local members. Those members would be hard pressed to attend TASA meetings. Important items that are discussed at meetings can be shared with our members via this e-newsletter. And, WE ARE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS! One suggestion that I already received was a list of local gas stations and their hours so I’m working on getting that in the e-newsletter.

In a couple of weeks (or so!!), there will be another option for this newsletter. I will be able to post it at http://www.thetrailblog.com/ and you will be able to sign up to recieve it by email from there.

If you are interested in receiving the e-newsletter and haven't signed up, please email me at cclementz@lighthouse.net and I will add you to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:37 PM

    HI,

    If you are using a Mac, when you attach the MS Word file to the email, make sure you check the box for "Windows friendly" attachments. If you are using a Windows PC, it will depend on which version of MS Office or MS Word you are using.

    If I can be of any help with this, email me at: EditWrite1012 at comcast dot net (please translate into typical email address; I've written it out to avoid spambots harvesting email addresses)

    I am a freelance editor, mostly for academic papers and graduate students. I am very conversant in MS Word and have been using Apple computers since 1984, do all my own troubleshooting, installations, etc.

    I started reading your blog during the wildfire up there. I've camped extensively at Pratt Lake, Old Headquarters Lake, Perch Lake, etc. and love the area.

    Kathe Wittenberg
    Southfield, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathe, that is a WEALTH of information! And I probably will be in touch with you after the holiday is over.

    I haven't been to Pratt Lake in a LONG time. Last time we were there it was almost dried up. Does it "exist" anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive