Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

THE PRICE OF OIL AND OTHER THINGS

We all know how the price of oil per barrel has fluctuated and how that price affects everything from gas at the pump to the price of hair brushes (costs to deliver them and I’m sure the plastic that goes into them has to be made of some oil product). What I didn’t realize that it was going to affect the price of Oil of Olay! How dumb can I be!? With a name like that the price per barrel was bound to have an influence on something with the name of OIL in it! I should have stocked up on it before oil got so darn high!

A large bottle of Oil of Olay bath and body wash when used on one of those scrunchy, net things can last a long time so it had probably been a year since I had purchased a bottle of it. Last time I purchased a bottle, it was about $3.47. THIS time it was $5.79! That is for 23.6 ounces. I wonder what THAT figures out per gallon???

While we were at the Soo, I was going to splurge on myself and buy a bottle of Tabu and some Tabu bath powder. I took the last of Wal-Marts supply of Tabu. I was afraid that possibly it wasn’t being manufactured any more. It was stuck WAY in the back and hidden very well. There was some other perfume I wanted to purchase but couldn’t find it. While Dan and I were checking out, I was talking to Dan about how disappointed I was that I couldn’t find any Opium or Ninja. You should have seen the look on the face of the cashier! I was getting concerned she was going to press a buzzer for security! Apparently, Opium or Ninja are not fragrances she has heard of before.

We finally got home and put all our purchases away and got the computer all plugged back in (it had gone to the Soo for its annual cleaning and physical…and there is a story here someplace in the Yarn site about all those darn computer cords and lines and how I HATE to hook everything back up). I thought I would do a search to see if there was ANY place I could order Ninja from. There were places I could order empty Ninja bottles; what in the heck would I want with an empty bottle???? I ended up with all kinds of sites to visit when I put in “Ninja perfume”…bottom line is I guess they don’t make it any more. Never fails, does it ladies????

Are ya all getting stocked up for Thanksgiving? My daughter and “significant other” will be coming up again this year…weather permitting. They drove up in that blizzard last year. We tried to convince them to NOT make the 380 mile trip, that the weather was NOT looking good. We’re glad they came, but she has agreed that they won’t do that again. My daughter is fearless, but even she was concerned they wouldn’t make it after they got to Gaylord. Dan is rather upset that I am not going to make 4 pies for 4 people. He feels that between all 4 of us we would make short work of 2 chocolate chip pecan pies and two pumpkin pies. Jo and Larry will only be here for 3 days. I informed Dan he could pick; either 2 chocolate chip pecan and one pumpkin or visa versa…he isn’t budging from the idea that we need 4. One would think a 22 pound turkey with all the trimmings and 3 pies would be plenty. One would also think that I never feed the guy! And at least one of us does have to be concerned about both of us as far as cholesterol, etc goes and let’s face it, it is not Dan that is concerned. He refers to that as the C word.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Not sure if I’ll be back with any more important snowmobile news or not before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive