Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

MISSOURI FIRE CREW and other things

Dan and I just had a very nice surprise! Rob Waldner from the Missouri Fire Crew just called and we chatted for a bit. He hopes some day to be able to come back to our area and bring his family to see all there is to see. Rob said the "kids" are doing great and that it was a very good experience for all of them. He wanted us to pass along THEIR thanks to our community for all the hospitality that was shown to them. These fire fighters must all be very humble people to be thanking all of US!

Would you believe there is a chance of snow tonight!? It isn't supposed to amount to much so I doubt there will be a winner of "guess the frst 2" of snowfall" contest. Dan and I tried to find some more ripe squash in our garden before it freezes. We came up with 3...and there are about 20 out there that I doubt will have a chance to completly rippen! We put up two the other day and ended up with 6 quarts of squash! They are good sized! One would think with the wonderful weather we have had that they would be ready to pick by now. I guess they will make darn good deer food!

I sure wish it was THIS month we set our clocks back instead of November 4th. I really look forward to the time change in the fall....but by spring I am ready for it to change back again. Sorry, but when it is dark, it is time for bed! I have a very difficult time staying awake for Dancing with the Stars and CSI (Thursday night version, thank you very much). Hard to believe as a kid I could stay up all hours of the night (well, I could have if the parents would have let me!). But I AM the early bird of the family....although with the colder temps it HAS felt good to stay under the covers a bit longer!

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!!! DAN AND I MOST LIKELY WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP OUR 4 MILE CORNER SNOWMOBILE TRAIL! We reached an agreement with the person whose property we cross and we took the $350 to the DNR for the permit. Now he just has to get that approved by the same people that have approved it for the past several years so we should be all set to go. NOW ALL WE NEED IS THE WEATHER WIZARDS TO STOP SAYING 'IT IS GOING TO BE A MILD WINTER WITH NOT MUCH SNOW'. We just don't know about a staging area yet. It would be rather expensive for McNamara's and us to try to keep that plowed out. So, don't plan on that being available this season. I'll let ya know how things progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive