Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, October 01, 2007

LEAF PEEPING




The colors are really coming on strong! I've been waiting for 4 days for the sun to shine and show off the brilliance of the trees. It was barely shining when I took these so they aren't the best that I could hope for. The sky is all washed out, but you get the idea of how things are looking now. Ya know I'm photo fussy!

4 comments:

  1. Mindy6:31 AM

    Could you give your opinion on PRIME fall foilage! I am hoping to still see the beauty next weekend...what do you think?
    Thanks, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colors are VERY good right now. As I am writing this it is still dark outside. It has been extremely windy all night and still is so I know a lot of leaves have come down over night (but I can't see yet!). This is prime time viewing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Will you please keep me posted on the fall colors? I am planning a visit to the UP Paradise area next weekend. I would be so disappointed if I got there and the leaves were gone...it happens so fast!!
    Thanks again, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous,
    The best way for you to keep track of the fall colors is by checking the report that I do. You can find the report at www.northcountrycampground.com and scroll to the bottom of the first page for "fall color report".

    I can't remember, but there might even be a link on the right hand margine of Yooper Yarns to the report.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive