Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I AM READY FOR WINTER!



The weather is almost ridiculous! It has been so darn warm this month and we for sure have made up for all the rain we DID NOT have this summer! At least today, the only place I had hives was on the bottom of my feet (even with heavy socks on!). And there are severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, high winds…what is up with all of that?? It is 6:30 p.m. October 17th and it is still 60°!!!

The leaves are pretty much off the trees except for the poplars so I have put my snowman sign up in the office (see photo). The Weather Wizards aren’t making us very happy with their predictions of a warmer than normal winter and less snow to be expected. Every year it gets a bit less and less.

BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT WE AREN’T GONNA GET GEARED UP FOR SNOWMOBILE SEASON!!! I am very excited about a contest that TASA (Tahquamenon Area Snowmobile Association) is sponsoring! You are the first to know about it, well other than the TASA board and the businesses I contacted for donations! There will be more information coming but for now I can tell you that it is a photo contest and the theme is Safe Family Fun on the Trails! We have had a good response for businesses interested in donating prizes for 1st and 2nd places. I’m still waiting for a 3rd place prize. Once I have all of these snowflakes in a row then I will give you all of the info you will need to participate in the contest. There will eventually be an entry form and the rules. When I have that all completed and I know we are good to go, I will tell you where you can find the info.

In the meantime if you want to start looking through photos to enter, remember the theme is Safe Family Fun on the Trails. Only photos taken within the category of Safe Family Fun on the Trails are to be submitted (example; snow shots of the kids, at least one parent or guardian and the snowmobile. Possibly you have a hot dog roast along the trail, a small campfire?? Maybe you stopped to make snow angels?) Use your imagination; be creative but ABOVE ALL BE SAFE!) Photos must not be any larger than 5” x 7” and no smaller than 3” x 4”. THE PHOTOS DO HAVE TO CONTAIN A KID OR TWO, A PARENT, GRANDPARENT OR GUARDIAN AND A SNOWMOBILE...OH, AND SNOW! Don't send anything to me yet because we are not ready. I'm just giving you a heads up so you can start looking through your shots!
THINK SNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive