Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WONDERFUL WEATHER IN THE NEWBERRY AREA!







OK, we can put back the long underwear and hunting socks. Ever since that 31° morning, things have warmed up nicely. UNBELIEVABLE WEATHER!!! PERFECT SLEEPING WEATHER!!! If I had a hammock that I could string up between a couple of trees, I would never leave it (except for fear of spiders and skunks or until I had to get out the “longies” again). It has been windy during the day (great if you wanted to fly a kite) and there has even been a nice breeze during the night which makes sleeping even better!

There has been a “threat” of rain almost every day but it hasn’t put a damper on plans of guests in the area. There has been a number of tour buses headed towards the Tahquamenon Falls within the past 5 days too. If they were coming up for the fall colors, they are arriving a bit too early.

I removed the last hummer feeder two days ago. After that cold morning we hadn’t seen any more, but I always leave one up just in case. Summer is officially over once those little birds have left.

With this nice weather, we have managed to get the decks of the cabins water sealed, gotten the windows restained and need to put the “sealer” over the stain yet. I even washed the siding on the north end of our home yesterday (well, as far up as about 10’ anyway).

This weekend at the American Legion in Newberry is the annual Fiddler’s Jamboree. It is all non-electrical instruments and there will be refreshments and dancing and just plain good old fashioned fun. If you happen to be in the area stop by and enjoy the music and festivities.

I’m including some photos that were taken in October a couple of years ago. Two are of Mackinac Island and one is self explanatory..which I think turned out pretty well considering it was shot through glass on the ferry! Ya need to come up and enjoy our area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive