Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, September 21, 2007

CONVERSATION WITH A CAMPING GUEST

GUEST: We took a long ride today. We were at the Soo and watched the ships and then we came back along the lakeshore and ended up in Paradise. All that time we were on the road and didn't see so much as a squirrel!

ME: How are the colors along that drive?

GUEST: Just wonderful! Isn't this supposed to be the Moose Capital or something? The only time we saw anything large was when we were leaving Lake Okeechobee. I saw an elk crossing the road!

ME: Isn’t that lake in Florida? I didn’t know there were elk in Florida!

GUEST: No, this was after we left Copper Harbor. We were over in the western end of the U.P.

ME: There isn’t a Lake Okeechobee in the U.P….could it have been Lake Gogebic?

GUEST: YES!!! That is what it was! Anyway I saw an elk there.

ME: We don’t have elk in the U.P. but there are elk in northern Lower Michigan.

GUEST: Well, it shows elk on the Michigan map of the U.P!

ME: (I have gotten out our Michigan map to show her) See, these are supposed to be moose and these are supposed to be elk (pointing out the symbols on the map to her).

GUEST: OH!!! Well it must have been a moose then! But it didn’t have any horns.

ME: It could have been a young bull or a cow.

GUEST: I KNOW what a cow looks like and that wasn’t a cow! I’ve seen cows before.

ME: A female moose IS called a cow and a male moose is a bull. The same with elk. But deer are called does or bucks. And bears are sows or boars.

GUEST: So I DID see a moose! It must’ve been a female moose! Wait till I tell my grandson!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    lol OMG Lord please help me. The lights are on and no one is home. Hehehehe Good one Cathy!!!! Jo Kolka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    This lady was a lot of fun and I mean that in the nicest way. I really enjoyed talking with her and she was the type to be able to laugh at herself. She even got a chuckle out of the miscommunication! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:34 PM

    любой did к своему мобильному?
    купить did номер
    телефонные номера израиля
    купить московский номер
    виртуальный номер украины

    http://australia-virtual-number.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive