Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 06, 2007

WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE...

You have no idea how badly I want to fly with the water bombers, either the airplane OR helicopter. I could get some truly amazing photos. Please don't get me wrong, I am not happy about these tragic circumstances, but what an opportunity that would be. I've always wanted to fly with the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds....I just have to be happy with BIG roller coasters.

It is very smoky right now and we think it is because the wind has died down, which is good news. The smoke can be a problem for anyone that might have to travel through it so that might be an issue as to if they keep CR 407 open. And that is just MY thoughts, this isn't any information that anyone has given me. The wind is supposed to be southerly tomorrow; keep your fingers crossed. I haven't had an update as to how much head way has been made yet, but at least I haven't seen them bringing back equipment from out north like they did yesterday around this time. I guess things got pretty hairy out that way for a while yesterday.

If I receive further, CONCRETE info, I will be back later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the news updates Cathy. We were just up in the area a few weeks ago to visit the shipwreck museum and stayed in Newberry. Easy to believe how those woods could burn for a long time when it's dry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive