Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

UPDATE OF 8/22/07 9 A.M.

I tried to post this close to two hours ago and Google apparently was having issues at the time, so here it is...

We recieved 1/100th of an inch of rain and it is misting this morning.

The evacuation is lifted for CR 407 to Pine Stump.

The fire is still at 67% contained and a new ground GPS shows that "only" 18,185 acres have been burned.

The Mn tankers were relased from duty yesterday but 3 Black Hawks will be assisting with water drops as needed.

The onsite Weather Wizard told everyone in this morning's meeting that Thursday holds a VERY good chance of rain and the fire fighters should take a bar of soap with them when they head out to the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive