Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

UPDATE ABOUT EVACUATION OF MUSKALLONGE STATE PARK

I have found out that the evacuation of the State Park was for those people who wanted to make sure they could get out via a paved road. Owners of big RV's do not necessarily want to end up having to take their RV down a chatter-box gravel road back to "civilization" so that is why they were suggesting that they might want to leave if they were due to check out within a couple of days. It is not that they are in any danger in the park, it is a matter of "convenience" for the camper. I have also learned that Cloverland Electric has cut the power some place along CR407 due to the possibility of falling debris in an effort to not start any more fires should something fall on the electrical lines, etc. This has made it almost impossible to listen to the radio to try to get any updates.

I have also been told that Michigan State Police from Downstate have advised people to not even travel to the U.P. How true this statement is, I don't know...this is how rumors can get started. AND, they, meaning the State Police or anyone else for that matter, may not have the information that they need to advise people of what really is going on up here. I can tell you for one thing, my Mom called in a near panic last night after she had heard an interview with a local radio personality that aired on a TV station in her area. She thought for sure that we were being burned off the map and that I wasn't going to tell her about it.

I don't want to report information that is not accurate so I will always try to make a point of letting you know if I think something might be hear-say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive