Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 31, 2007

SLOW RIDE???


We all know I didn’t get to ride in a Black Hawk. I’m pretty sure I’ll never get to ride with the Blue Angels or even the Thunderbirds. I’ve probably taken my last sunset flight over the Grand Canyon and most likely won’t have a chance to ever ride in a crop duster again.

HOWEVER, CEDAR POINT IS OPEN TILL OCTOBER 28TH!!! And my birthday is October 27th!!!! I think we should hire a bus and beat foot it to my favorite place in the world! What a PAR – TAY that would be!

When we lived down state (back when we were trolls!), I would get to Cedar Point OFTEN! One September, my sister in law and I decided at the last minute to go down on a Saturday and come back that same day. At that time of the year, the park was only open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There was hardly anyone there! The weather was perfect, even though it was a bit on the chilly side. We managed to ride front seat on the Magnum 4 times within about 10 minutes! I think we would have ridden longer but even with gloves, coat and cap on we were getting cold. The wind rushing at our faces was giving us head aches. But what a perfect day that was!

The last time I was to Cedar Point was the year the U.S. invaded Iraq. And it was opening day. I figured it would be crowded, but the longest I had to wait in line was to get on the Millennium Force and that was about a 15 minute wait. Dan is not a “rider” so he sat patiently on various benches and waited for me. Some how it isn’t as much fun when you don’t have someone to share the ride with, I mean at least someone you know. I always ended up with another single rider, but it just isn’t the same. Ya may both throw your arms up in the same way and scream at the top of your lungs, but it just isn’t the same. Sigh…..

I have gotten Dan on a FEW coasters…very tame ones. I got him on Space Mountain and a couple others at Disney World. That same trip I got him on The Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Virginia. At Cedar Point, I have gotten him on the Blue Streak, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, the Iron Dragon and Disaster Transport. The last trip, he wouldn’t go on anything. But he is a sweet heart of a hubby to let me ride while he sits and waits! He said there isn’t enough beer in the whole park to get him on those other rides.

The photos I have posted are from http://www.rollercoasterimage.com/. I edited them a bit and put them in a collage. For those of you not familiar with Cedar Point, this IS the Millennium Force in all its glory!

Since we are 481 miles from Cedar Point, we’ll have to board that bus early! (It would have been so much easier just to have gotten a ride on a Black Hawk!)

2 comments:

  1. Jerry Brighton, Chicago!4:48 PM

    Sounds like one helluva party! I have a CDL AND a bus! Although I doubt the Windy City would allow me to take you and friends to Cedar Point! I would if I could, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer Jerry! Ya better keep the bus and your job in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive