Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

PROBABLY THE CLOSEST I'LL EVER GET!


Ya gotta give me credit for trying. The Captain said if I could start it I could fly it...funny thing was, he kept the key.
Actually, they "parked" one of the Black Hawks at the fairgrounds this a.m. to allow people to take a look.
I got to the Luce Co. airport a bit before they moved the Black Hawk over to the fairgrounds so I had the opportunity to talk with a couple of the men and women and expressed our thanks, etc. I was told that one of the firefighters had stated that they had NEVER seen a community come together in the manner that Newberry has. He has fought fires in a lot of other places and he said sometimes it was a day or two before anyone thought to bring them food! As it is right now, the Red Cross is out of room in which to store all the food and supplies that have been brought in and have had to actually ask people to not bring any more for the time being!
As I said, I tried....I couldn't have dropped any more hints if I'd been handling a hot potato. My parting comment to him was "Ya know where we live; drop in some time! Or even better, pick me up!"
It was very interesting talking with him and a couple of the other Army National Guards that attended.

2 comments:

  1. Brad Matthews, Ohio6:53 PM

    you look pretty darn happy to be sitting in that seat! sorry you haven't gotten that ride! Thanks for all of the continus updates that you are providing. We hope you are getting some time to call your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad, sorry I didn't get to your post before now. I WAS pretty happy sitting there but wish it could have been under different circumstances than a fire being in the area.

    You are welcome for the updates!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive