Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

OLDER PHOTOS




Some people have emailed wanting to know where the photos went that I had up previously. I'm putting a few of them back, but please remember these photos were taken on or around August 5th, 2007. The collage was of the same shot at various times through out the day.
These photos were taken looking north of our place.
I removed the photos because I thought that was what was causing my side bar to be MIA, but it wasn't the problem.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Is this all smoke or is it some clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all smoke.

    Last night after the rain, I guess about 11 p.m, we were sitting out on our deck with some friends and the air smelled of fresh rain and burnt popcorn! The rain had affected the smell of the fire anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:30 AM

    A souce has told me that the Williams camp north of you has burned down..your blog said no structures had been lost..is this the latest? dfhunter41@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:33 AM

    ps. this is the Hunter's..and our camp is on the South Branch by the tubes on the Burma rd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an investigation of a report that an unoccupied structure in the vicinity between Halfway Lake and Pine Stump had burned but this has NOT been confirmed. Other than that, no structural damage reported.

    Hope that eases your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I have a PS for you, the fire did NOT cross CR 407 and remained on the EAST side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kent Jeppesen10:30 AM

    We all need to stand and applaude Cathy in the great job that she has been doing. Keep up the great work. Let's also pray for our firefights on the front line and for rain

    Kent Jeppesen
    Monroe, MI
    property owner near falls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kent, thank you for your support. I DO appreciate it but this is about the only thing I can do and feel useful. If any one else was in the same area as I am and had access to info, etc, I know that person would do it in a heart beat. But thank you very much for taking the time to post such kind words. It does mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive