Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

NO RAIN YET 8/12/07 7 A.M.


Normally I am reporting on the winter weather and not worrying too much about the summer weather. I spend a great deal of time "teasing" the Weather Wizards during the winter. My winter readers and I even have a prayer that we offer to White Precipitus (along with leaving her chocolate stars on OUR deck...I have woke up to a 5 pound bag of candy on the deck!!). I guess I'll have to see if I can revamp that prayer so we can use it here.


That 80% chance of rain we were looking for ended up being about 5 big drops of atmospheric vapor that managed to make it all the way to the ground. While Dan and I were sitting on our deck, enjoying watching the humming birds, this major event occured...and also one HUGE bolt of lightening to the north of us which brought us IN off the deck. And we were praying that it didn't hit anything. We never heard or saw a flurry of activity heading in that direction so that had to be good news.


The bad news is with NO RAIN and not much chance of it today, the fighters could have their hands full, even with as much as has been accomplished. The winds are expected to reach gusts of 30 mph this afternoon and even though the Wizards are saying N/NW winds, who knows??? They HAVE been very erratic! (And in this case "they" can refer to both the winds and the Weather Wizards!) It isn't supposed to be as hot today as it has been so that is good news for everyone.


And with that in mind, you've heard of the Dog Days of August??? This is how my little Chewy feels about the heat. The photo says it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive