Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 06, 2007

NEWBERRY FIRE UPDATE

This was info I got late last night

The size of the Sleeper Lake fire has been downgraded to 12,000 acres. Pine stump is still under evacuation at this time. M-123 will remain closed through the evening and the DNR will have a good amount of the crews come in tonight to get some rest.

The winds and temps and higher humidity for Monday won’t help. A.M. winds are to be from the west, NW later in the afternoon. This means they will fight the fire from the East and SE. 3 helicopters from the Air National Guard and a water bomber were used on Sunday.

Later today, I am probably going to have to go through and delete some of the stories and photos in order to get my side bar back. I'm just letting you know this in case you wanted to print any copies off the site prior to me doing that.

Also, later this a.m. or some time today, I am going to write to you about an interview I had yesterday and this will totally explain how rumors get started. I was kind of upset with this person after the interview. I know he/she was "doing his/her job" but...well, you'll understand when you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive