Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

MY SIDE BAR IS MISSING!!!

My sidebar, that gives that all important information about myself and all the various links to other important sites is MIA!!! I think it has something to do with the size of the photos I've been using, so tomorrow I will work on trying to get that back. If that is the case, I may end up deleting some photos but leaving the stories.

Catch up with ya tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Thanks for all of your updates. I am a member of the spile dam club. It is looking pretty grim, Maybe they can keep it from going over the eastbranch there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also thank you for your updates and pictures. We are in the Paradise area and if not for your site, we wouldn't know much of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 PM

    My husband and I also add our thanks. We are members of the East Branch Sportsmans Club and have been following the fires tragic progress all weekend. We have added your link to our "favorites" and will use it to help keep up to date with news on our beloved U.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all more than welcome. I wish there was more that we all could do. I DO believe in the power of prayer and I also believe that every thing happens for a reason, and sometimes it takes a LONG time to find that reason.

    Anonymous, I think it was you I spoke with on the phone and I AM glad that you did call. I just wish I could have given you more comfort.

    I know that the DNR, all the local fire departments, a lot of auxillary volunteers, even the Red Cross and I believe the Salvation Army are putting in a lot of hours. I'm sure there are countless others doing things that we don't even know about; people manning the phones and radios, people covering for others who might be out of the office helping with the fire, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy,

    Thanks for the great reporting, is it possible to attach a map and show just where this fire is at and where it's heading at the moment. You do as good with fire reporting as you do with the snowmoblie news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda Jensen2:01 AM

    Thank you for all you updates. Myself and my brother spoke to you back in December about winter camping. I am from Seattle. All these fires are so unsettling. We are planning a trip to Glacier National Park in Sept. and there are fires in that area. Last Thursday a helicopter crashed in all 4 on board were killed. The crash started a fire, it is burning about 6 miles from my friends house. You all are in our prayers. We hope to return to Taquamenon Falls State Park again in Feb. 2008 for another week of snow shoeing. Keep the faith. All will work out. Linda Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because it is difficult to address each comment (which I DO appreciate) individually, I am just going to try to lump it all together.

    I have a link that will take you to a satellite image of what is going on in our area. When you go to this site, you will most likely have to scroll over to the right hand side so you can see OUR neck of the woods. I will try to get that posted this a.m.

    For all of you who have emailed or stated your appreciation for the reports, I cannot take credit for the info. I am doing my best to rely on reliable sources and going from there. I am glad to try to help in any way I can, just like you would be if you were up here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive