Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

THE MISSOURI FIRE FIGHTER CREW

I think maybe the crew from Missouri might be among those that are leaving. You may recall that is the crew that was going to be with us for a couple of weeks but then the nights got so cold and the DNR was able to find warm rooms for them. I had sent the crew an email via Ada at the DNR office and asked them when it was going to be there last night here, that when they went past our place, heading back into town to honk like crazy. They honked on the way TO their jobs this a.m. and again on their way back into town a couple hours ago. We were hoping we'd have the privelage of having them here again, but it doesn't lookl ike that will happen.

I've been getting emails wanting to know how the bear ranch is doing and the bears are doing just fine! From what Dean and Jewel have said, it appears their bears didn't even realize there has been a problem. And with that in mind, I want to dedicate this to my lady readers (and no, I didn't write it)..

GONNA BE A BEAR
In this lifetime I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you're a bear, you get to hibermate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate you're suppsed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly, cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you are a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of hand, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup, gonna be a bear!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Cathy I love your poem on the bears it is wonderful!!! I am so glad the Oswlads are doing well and their bears are doing fine. We were upin April and got to meat the newest additions to the Oswald family they were so funny and we were back up in June to see how much they have growjn. I am keeping you all in my prayers, and hoping this fire will be over soon I hope your husband is safe and realises how much he dedication is appreciated. Thank you again for keeping us all up to date as too what is going on. Jo Kolka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I think that is a cute little "bear saying" too.

    You said you hope my husband is safe and realizes how much he is appreciated. I'm not sure if you were directing that to me or the gal who wrote a post who is a fire fighters wife. If it was to me, my hubby is not involved with the fire fighting and I hope no one thought he was. He is here with me running our business.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive