Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 24, 2007

HAVEN'T HEARD A THING...NOT EVEN A SCREAM!

WE all know how much I enjoy those 8 legged creatures. I particularly benefit from the element of surprise when they are all cute and coy in a bath towel…that I have just recently wrapped around myself. Well, with that in mind, I don’t like them surprising me while I’m sitting outside, minding my own business either. I am still doing my SP..which stands for silent panic. Ya know the mask from the SCREAM movie??? I think that must be what I resemble for a silent panic. I get shivers just thinking about those 8 legged, hairy, darn, bug eyed wooly things. One of these days my SP is going to turn into a full blown, modified, shriek fest. Just seeing one of them is more of a pick me up than a case of Mountain Dew. By them, I mean the dreaded wolf spider. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr..

I think it must have been an uneventful day for the crews. They started coming back in around 6 or so and a few are still headed back in to Newberry. We only heard the Black Hawks twice today. About 4 a.m. this morning I woke up to that pungent odor that we occasionally get from the fire. It isn’t bad, but ya do notice it. The smell more or less is gone by the time it starts to get daylight. And this is not an every morning occurrence. I think it has to do with the humidity and whether it is foggy.

I don’t know if I’ll be getting an update for you tonight or if it will be first thing in the a.m. I did at least want to let you know that as soon as I get it (assuming it arrives while I’m still bright eyed!!) I will post it.

See ya either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive