Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

FOGGY MORNING!! AUGUST 11, 2007

I KNOW THIS IS FOG AND NOT SMOKE BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS WET!!!! I'm not saying there might not be some smoke in this fog, but it doesn't smell. The needles on the white pines are DRIPPING with moisture! My socks are already soaked from walking out to clean the bathhouse this a.m. (yes we do still have a handful of faithful campers so work does continue!!).

I don't have any "straight from the horses mouth" words yet, but I have HEARD (and I am telling you this IS hear say) that since the activity with the helitorch last night they hope to have the fire contained within days!!!

I continue to recieve all these wonderful emails from far and near. As I said before, a lot of them are from property owners who have "their little slice of heaven" in da U.P. One in particular sticks in my mind from yesterday and I will not reveal all he said, but let me say HE believes in divine intervention. I hope this person won't mind that I am quoting from his email since I am not giving his name; "I saw the vortex with red and orange at the top swirling above my place and cried out to my recently deceased Mom, since all other prayers appeared to be unsanswered. Almost immediately, the wind shifted to the southwest and the plume began to move east back towaqrd the fire. Two hours later it was raining."

Now, if that doesn't touch a place in your soul, I don't know what will.

I had a lot of emails last night in response to the post about the DNR officer going the extra 5 miles to assist Dan and I with lost reservations. Most of them were of the type of "what goes around comes around" or "doesn't it bother you that people don't beleive you"...I am trying to be fair in my feelings here but it IS difficult so the bright side I AM trying to find to all this lost business is that it is giving me the time I need to keep you informed.

As soon as I have info, which most likely won't be till around 8 a.m., I will be back! Until then, here is a YOOPERISM for you. YOU KNOW YOU ARE A YOOPER WHEN YOU REFER TO A BIG MAC AND A SHAKE AS THE BRIDGE ON A WINDY DAY (and for those of you who might NOT be familiar with THE BRIDGE, the Mackinac Bridge IS referred to as the MAC, sometimes the MIGHTY MAC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive